Association of cat fanciers that helps cats in need (sick, wounded, abandoned), officially established in 2015.
- helping abandoned and unwanted cats
- supporting private animal rescuers and the emergence of private house rescue shelters
- managing of the website www.mackysos.sk
- explaining and bringing closer the issue of abandoned and unwanted cats to the general population in order to create a more favorable atmosphere in citizens approach to stray cats
- influencing a change of legislation regarding animal protection within our capabilities
- collaborating with the authorities in accomplishment of tasks related to environment protection, actively helping the improvement of the environment
- advocating a humane solution to the complex issue of abandoned and unwanted cats
- supporting and conducting spaying/neutering of adult cats by raising awareness about spaying/neutering and directly supporting spay/neuter programs as the most humane way of regulating the number of abandoned and unwanted cats
- collaborating with organizations and associations with a similar focus
If you want to help cats that are in our care, you can do it in many different ways:
Make a financial contribution to the account of Macky SOS association - even the smallest amount is welcome and will help pay for recovery treatments of the cats.
Give the cats in need 2% of your taxes. The 2% of your taxes is a crucial source of our much needed funds for paying the veterinary bills for cats in our care
Non-financial donation - we welcome any material donation that can help us take care of our cats, such as food, bedding, toys, deworming medication, cat liters, cat carriers, etc.
Provide direct care for cats - you can provide a temporary home for one of our cats. Apart from financial means, we are also in need of real shelters. This way you take part in our activity. You can join in to the extent that you choose.
Promoting our association - the more people hear about us, the more we can help our cats. Post ads for cats that need a home and share our posts on Facebook. Advise people around you to adopt a cat from our association.
Become a member - you can join our association, even as an inactive member. Your yearly 10 EUR membership will serve as financial help for our cats. You will also receive important information about our activities on a regular basis.
If you have any questions, please write an e-mail to the management of OZ Macky SOS at firstname.lastname@example.org.